Thursday, September 11, 2008

Notes

Lapband Note: Yesterday I hit a low. I kinda don't want to go into it, but suffice it to say I was crying on the phone to Harold and feeling super down. After that conversation I decided to take control instead of feeling out of control and I did the following:

I arranged to have lunch with Karen (it was her b-day).
I arranged to get a pedicure on Friday (H gave me a gift cert for my bday last year, time to use it).
I decided to forget going back to work until Thursday (today).

Now I feel tons better. Well, eating at Cafe Rio was pretty helpful, too. Check this out. I ordered the soup and a flan, both of which will go down pretty smooth, still taking super careful care to chew every last bit of lump or bump in my soup. I ate about 1/4 of the soup and 1/3 of the flan and was SO FULL! It was the weirdest thing. Granted, I did have a drink with my lunch (which is a lapband no-no) but I have been eating so little and I was eating soup anyway I figured it didn't matter if I drank or not.

But I walked outta there, having eaten so very little, fulling ultra-ultra full. If this is what the lapband is going to do for me.....bring it on!

Soccer Note: Mack had a game on Tuesday. I didn't go because I was feeling kinda icky and it was raining out. I just couldn't expose myself to that. (So I exposed my kid....nice.) Anyway, he scored 6 out of 7 goals. Woohoo! I was so sad I missed it but so proud of my little "Playah"

YW Note: Sav had to highlight me in YW on Tues. The coolest thing she said about me was that I "let her be herself." I was stunned but completely pleased. I am so glad she feels she can be herself and be proud of who she is and that I LOVE HER. My girl rocks.

3 comments:

mom/Janet said...

Really, I love your two kids. They are the best kids I think I've been around. Never complain and seems to go with the flow. Now....a bit of mother coming out in me. It scares me when you say you did something concerning your eating that you're not supposed to. I don't want anything to happen to you. BE CAREFUL I think your plan was a good one to help take your thoughts off of your challenges with the food. Keep up the good work.

Erin. said...

You need to do that kind of stuff for yourself more often. I can really get in a rather foul mood when all I do is "do" for others and forget about myself. It feels nice and by golly, we deserve it. I wish I could walk out of Cafe Rio and only snarff down 1/4 of my food....usually not the case. You're doing awesome - keep it up and those XS clothes will be here in no time.

Jeff said...

Nothing like taking time out for yourself to make you feel better. I'm getting a massage on Saturday just for that very reason. Good luck with the whole "lifestyle change." I'm sure it will all work out. P.S. You're not missing much in Maui...it's kinda cloudy and gross....so here I sit in my room at the computer.