Things I ate that were "sweet":
Two tic tacs
Unsweetened applesauce (no sugar added)
What? I had two fruits yesterday? Unheard of!
FUN FACTS OF RESISTANCE:
I went to visit a coworker who has taffy on her desk. And even though I don't really like taffy I almost reached in to the coffer and pulled out a piece, without even thinking! But alas, I did not partake.
I have a jar of chocolate covered juju hearts on my desk, but those didn't really tempt me. Good to know.
When I got my lunch from the Pencourt (student-run "restaurant" on campus) yesterday, they served a chicken thing and with it came what they titled "spiced peach half." While in line I pondered the spicy peach and wasn't sure if it fit the dessert/sugar category or not. So, I texted a friend who is both familiar with the spicy peach and with my desire to avoid sweets yesterday. Our conversation went like this:
Me (12:00): What do u think abt the spiced peach at the pencourt?
Her (12:01): I would count that as a dessert
Me (12:01): K.
Me (12:02): That bums me out.
Her (12:04): If it didn't have the sugar cinn sugar goodness. But it is always up to you
Me (12:04): I was a good girl. tx 2 u.
Observations from the above discussion:
1. It took me 4 minutes to walk away from a peach.
2. I can't believe I got so bummed out about not having the peach.
3. Good friends are hard to find.
Truly the spiced peach has some sort of sugary stuff going on. I'm not sure if the sugar comes out of the peach with the broiling process or what. But, I only needed to be good for one day. And I was.
I even resisted the Horchata in my fridge, cuz that is NOT a beverage, it's a dessert in a milk carton!
1. I like fruit. So eat a dang piece of fruit instead of a refined sugar offering from the devil.
2. I am strong enough to go 24 hours without, which means I can pretty much resist sugar whenever I want, right?
3. I have great friends. Thanks to all who showed support yesterday via txting and blog commenting.
4. I will not have dessert with lunch today. I will get fruit! I may opt to have a dessert tonight on date night, should I so choose. But since we are eating at a Mexican place, I doubt dessert will be on my radar. Wait, what? Another 24 hours without sugar? Possibly.