Thursday, February 11, 2016

Update, birthday celebration

This report is for me: It is Feb 11 and I've been going strong on my eating plan for about 38 days. I feel good, lost some weight, and still feel motivated. I try to avoid the scale until weigh in day but that doesn't seem to be working out. 

IRONY: If I step on the scale and I don't lose, I want to eat to suppress the frustration. If I step on the scale and lose, I want to eat to celebrate. What does that say about me? 

In other news....

Harold has travelled twice in the past month; once to Boston and once to Nashville. Traveling is fun for him in some ways and a bummer in other ways. He says he would give anything to be able to just go to the fridge for some milk and cookies but is stuck in hotel rooms without the same kind of conveniences. And he has to eat where EVERYONE agrees to eat, even if he isn't jazzed by the decision. 

We miss him while he is gone but make the best of it by piling on my bed at night and chatting about nothing. I like having the kids close. Last night I had to kick them out of my room so I could sleep. And now I'm wishing I would have just gone to bed even later so I could enjoy them. I mean, my 17 and 20-year-old want to hang out and chat with their mother? I should NEVER kick them out, ever, no matter what time it is.

The fog here is super thick today. Inversion. I missed an accident on my way in, YAY! 

I crave protein lately, like right now I'd kill for some brisket. 

Mack had his 17th birthday this week. Such a sweet kid. And so confident, funny, entertaining, tall!, motivated, and respectful. On Savannah's social media post about Mackson's birthday she said he would wake her up just to tell her she deserves the best and that he loves her. 

He loves #happysocks, soccer, conditioning class (haha!), KT tape, and Tiger the cat. He is picky about his food, but can really put away the cold cereal. He works hard to maintain all A's and A-'s in school. He can be found at night in his bed reading his scriptures, both the Book of Mormon and the Old Testament (to stay on top of his assigned reading for seminary). He loves his sister, fiercely. And he likes to tell his mom and dad about his day. 

His birthday meal request was BBQ beef sandwiches, frog eye salad, potato salad, homemade rolls, and yellow cake with chocolate frosting. I added a green salad, drinks, ice cream and another cake for the 18 family members at the party. 

HaPpY bIrThDaY dear Mackson!

1 comment:

leisa said...

My dream is that my kiddos turn out like yours, I want so badly that they will choose to hang out with me and tell me about their days. How did you guys do it? I'll accept any theories, ideas, or suggestions. Also, congrats on eating better. I started yesterday....you've motivated me along with a few others and I am ready to eat better and lose some baby weight. Keep going!!!! Also, we miss you guys and can't wait to see you again. We were remembering our Vegas trip the other day and how much fun we had with you guys!