Friday, January 29, 2016

What's Happening

I made it through my 10 days of sugar (and carb) fasting with minimal problems. And I felt so good about myself.

Now I'm 25 days in and have had some sugar and some carbs....but very little. I feel more in control but I don't think I've detoxed necessarily or killed any cravings. But I am making better choices. Yay!

I am a bit tired lately. I don't think I've slept well in about a month. And today I am really feeling it. I feel worn down and incredibly tired. I usually sleep quite well so this is a bit unusual for me. I'm on a mission to sleep well this weekend.

Harold traveled to Boston this week (via JFK, Rhode Island and Atlanta). In a couple weeks he'll go to Nashville. Lucky boy! Traveling sounds fun to me, even if it is for work.

The greatest thing I got to do this week was go to the Springville Museum of Art high school student show and select a piece of art as the McKay School award winner for the year. The award comes with a cash prize and we'll get to display the winner in our conference room for a year. I'm super pleased with the selection, despite my lack of art education. I am a human being and when art speaks, it speaks.

And one more fun story: A kind woman told me I have beautiful eyes. I never get compliments on my eyes so I was extremely flattered. Then as I was thanking her (and probably blushing a bit because I was so surprised) she says, "no, your eyes are MAGICAL." How sweet is that?? Like Savannah said, "Zero to Magical, just like that."

I am giving a lesson to the young women at a ward conference this Sunday. The ward conference theme this year is Alma 7:11-13:

 11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and aafflictions and btemptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will ctake upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
 12 And he will take upon him adeath, that he may bloose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to csuccor his people according to their infirmities.

 13 Now the Spirit aknoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the bflesh that he might ctake upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me.

When I first read this theme I was a bit disappointed honestly. I felt like there was nothing catchy or jazzy about this scripture. The scripture seemed long and not interesting. 

I am here to say, I was wrong...on every account. 

Knowing we have a Savior and that he suffered EVERYTHING for our benefit? Amazing. And awesome. And humbling. 

I'm excited to talk with young women about what their trials are and how each of them can gain strength through Jesus Christ to overcome them. 

No comments: