Monday, April 21, 2014

Yep, It's Over

My prediction has now come to pass. It is over. Savannah has agreed to be "friends."

Problem #1: She is still going to prom with him.
Problem #2: She is heartbroken.
Problem #3: People are still talking and assuming and judging. Unkind assumptions. 
Problem #4: I want to use social media to either be a.) passive aggressive or b.) downright nasty.
Problem #5: He pursued, pursued, pursued, and when things got hard, he bolted.....right back to Sav's ex-best-friend.....He is "confused." (His word, not mine.)

which leads to....

Problem #6: She now has no best friend. There are kind friendly people, but no best friend.
Problem #7: The ex-best-friend's mom is texting me about trying to resolve the problem.
Problem #8 (Which I really do NOT see as a real problem): Sav has no interest in mending the friendship when the ex-best-friend has been mean and flaunting it in Sav's face that she (the former BFF) has woo'd the boy back to her.

Sound like High School? Well it is, except it's MY daughter who is friendless and still has five weeks left of school. This should be the funnest time of her life thus far and it has turned into the worst time of her life so far. 

Read the For The Strength of Youth Pamphlet lately? Do not take it for granted, do not dismiss the recommendations because they are really more like hard and fast rules. Follow, obey and you will find peace and joy. Think they don't apply to you and regret and sadness will be part of your life. Teach your children. We did teach our children. I'm not sure what went wrong. 

2 comments:

The Wells said...

I wish we lived closer to each other so our girls could be each other's best friend.

Unknown said...

I can really relate to this. I'm 16 and I lost all my friends at one point but the thought of a fresh start and new chance at college kept me going.