Sunday, February 1, 2009

My February Work-Out Plan

I bit the bullet and made a decision. I will keep going to the gym until Feb. 4th (I think that's the day my membership runs out). From that point on I will be participating in........you know you want to know........what could it possibly be?......will she walk in the freezing cold......will she become a bear and hibernate through February?......

I bought a DVD from Wal-Mart and I convinced Harold that we could give this a 1-month trial. I bought the 30-Day Shred from Gillian Michaels (The Biggest Loser trainer). I hear its a tough workout. There are three 20-minute workouts, level 1, 2 and 3, each one getting progressively harder. I also have the Leslie Sansone Walk Away The Pounds DVD that we can throw in with it since only 20 minutes of workout isn't going to cut it for me, or for Harold.

Gillian even says that I can lose "up to 20 pounds in 30 days!" If that ends up being true....I will personally call Jillian on the phone and offer her my first born! (just kidding Sav, I'll offer Jillian my third born).

I'm pretty excited to do something different and I feel like Harold and I are committed enough to exercise that we will make a go of this DVD and if we hate it, no biggie, we only have to do it for 1 month.

I also want to make it a goal after the month is up to buy a new pair of running shoes. The nice kind, the kind where you go to a fancy running store and they watch you walk and they have you try on different pairs and run around to try them out. I'm really hoping to be outside by March, but if not, I better be outside by April!!!

I don't want to go back to the gym unless ABSOLUTELY necessary!

This plan will also give me time to listen to all the music suggestions for my new workout playlist and get it loaded onto the iPod. I have been so busy lately its unreal. I will post my new playlist as soon as I get it up and running (pun not intended).

6 comments:

Abbie said...

I'm guessing you meant to say that you don't want to go back to THAT gym unless absolutely necessary right? I would hope that if there were to be in the future a way cool gym nearby that you would consider going. :)

Brittany said...

i went to one of those cool running stores for the first time this past august. they are cool! that is a special treat for sure.

Erin. said...

I've tried the 30 day shred workout DVD's and they are torture! A hard hard workout - and you want to kick Jillian's butt the whole time for torturing you! Good Luck!

Rachelle said...

Fun for you! I LOVVEEEE my shoes from the running store! They rock! That's a fun thing to look forward to! I think it makes suchhhh a difference. Kick Jillian for me...LOL!

Nathan said...

I would love that DVD! I am always wishing Jillian would come to my house and kick my butt into gear...I mean REALLY make me cry. I would love that.

Question...does she swear at you on the DVD...if she does...I'm so buying it. J/K But seriously I need the scary Jillian to motivate me.

Nathan said...

Dangit! This is Becky...didn't know Nathan was signed in. Bah!