Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Day 9 of 10

Just a quick update: 

I've done REALLY well on my 10 day sugar cleanse. I've lost a few pounds but more importantly I've proven to myself that I actually can live sugar-free. I'm pretty proud of myself at this point. I also feel a little like an addict, wanting my 9-day chip for going sugar-free. Is there such a thing as a 9-day chip?

I also realized I have something in common with Lot's wife. She looked back! I look back....on my life with sugar and carbohydrate addiction and resent having to move away from that life. I want to bathe in sugar and feed my addiction. I want to return to the life that will eventually destroy me. Just like Lot's wife. 

In a quote from Jeffrey R. Holland in a speech given at BYU in 2009 he said, "So it isn’t just that she looked back; she looked back longingly. In short, her attachment to the past outweighed her confidence in the future. That, apparently, was at least part of her sin." 

I feel the same....my attachment to my past has, up to this point, outweighed my confidence in my future.

Onward and upward. I'm hoping to learn a lesson and look ahead....to my wonderful future!


No comments: