I'll post pics and videos later, but for now....The Top 10 things I loved about our vacation (not in any particular order, except for #1):
10. Harold picking Pirates as his favorite ride, when the second time we rode it he practically slept through it. I questioned him and his response was that he liked it because it was so relaxing. What would Captain Jack have to say about that?
9. The kids getting to fight Darth Vader because they were "chosen" to be in the Jedi Training Camp. They wore robes, had light saber training, and the next thing you know the famous music cues up and they are armed and ready for battle. Super cute.
8. California Screamin': A completely unexpected roller coaster that never lets up. If I didn't constantly feel like my head was going to jerk off my body I would have enjoyed it more. But probably my all time favorite roller coaster.
7. Harold going on a ride where they shoot you up and drop you. The chairs had two different restraints on them and what I call a "barf shield" in front. The kids were literally holding their arms out saying, "Dad, don't do it, please...." Then they proceeded to cry while he completely enjoyed himself. Hilarious.
6. The Tower of Terror. That was the sweetest ride. I thought it was going to be seriously terrorizing. However, when we loaded up I noticed that the only restraint was a seatbelt and I knew it was all going to turn out all right. Loved that ride, I highly recommend it.
5. The Dream Team giving us free lanyards with two pins on each that we got to trade with any Disney cast member.
4. The Monorail that we got to ride into the park on day three (which we got to ride because we were guests of a Disney hotel), when I was sure I couldn't walk another mile.
3. My new Tink watch with its colorful band.
2. Our last night, after we had left the park for the last time I asked the kids if they enjoyed themselves. Mack said, "I miss it already. It was quite charming." Where does he get this stuff.
1. Soarin' Over California. Sweet ride where you are taken up over a very large screen and you see California from the air. Rivers, forests, orange groves, the Golden Gate Bridge. In addition to the sites, the breeze is blowing and you get to smell the woodsy pine scents, the orange from the groves. It was exhilirating. I even cried. Don't mock me! This was our first ride and I was feeling super grateful for having the opportunity to take this trip with my family and to finally be there!