1. Last night we played Taboo with the kids. The teams were guys against the girls. Harold was giving clues to Mack and the word was "lazy." Harold's first clue was, "Sometimes dad is this," to which Mack replied, "A jerk!"
2. When Mack was giving clues to Harold he said, "When girls wear this they are being immodest" and the answer was "bikini."
3. The other day on campus I saw a guy wearing a sweatshirt that said, "Pizza King." Here is what I want to know, do they ever print those shirts in anything smaller than an XL. Anyone making that kind of declaration wouldn't be any size smaller than that.
4. I saw another guy wearing a shirt with a hand holding playing cards that said, "I'm kind of a big deal." (Yes he was an overweight slightly frumpy guy.)
5. I'm all for being self aware, but I don't buy shirts that say "Hostess Raspberry Donuts are my best friend," or "The reason I look so angry is because my jeans are cutting off my circulation" or my favorite, "Size 3X shirt and proud."
6. Two weeks ago I informed the kids that only 1 towel per week was needed. I warned them that any more than 1 towel in their laundry basket and they would be folding and putting away all the laundry by themselves. Today Mack had 4 towels after two weeks and Sav had 11.
7. Weight Watchers has been going really well this week, way better than in the past couple of months. I feel better and feel like I am actually getting back on track. Anyone who has read the weigh-in results will know why I felt motivated this week.
8. A freak October storm blew in some serious cold air and snow this weekend. Picture me pouting.
9. A friend of mine was diagnosed with gestational diabetes, only to find out at an emergency appointment to address the problem that the nurse had read her someone else's results.
10. Paul and family got evacuated today due to the San Diego fires. Some homes in their neighborhood were burned, but so far they think their's was spared, but they cannot be sure. Any and all prayers will be appreciated.