Monday, November 19, 2007

Surprise!


Yesterday Harold got home from his meeting and said the 2nd counselor wanted to see us at 11:15. What? Why? We both have callings already. So we traipse on down and I was called to be the primary pianist. I am extremely excited about this new adventure, as well as extremely nervous. I have never had a pianist calling before, don't know how to follow a chorister, and have to practice like a mad woman for hours before I can get through the songs without major mistakes. I had all of 15 minutes to prepare for yesterday but I said a prayer and made it through without too many mistakes. I have been wanting a piano calling so that I would be forced to practice and get better, now I need to prove to the Lord that I mean what I say.

We had a great time with the Smith Family last night and I took tons of pics, but I will have to post those later as I am on my way out the door for school this morning. I have my big biology presentation to do today. I am nervous and excited. I am hoping my mouth doesn't go completely dry like it did when I taught R.S.

4 comments:

Holley said...

Congrats on the new calling and I know you did great on your presentation. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Just a couple more weeks and you can breath a sigh and know that this semester is behind you. You've really been an inspiration to me and I'm really proud of all that you have accomplished. I'm sure the piano gig is just going to elevate you to even more wonderful achievements.

Brittany said...

that's very exciting. a friend of mine told me that was her favorite calling. i think you'll do great! good luck on your presentation. and like holley said - it'll all be over in a few weeks. yepee!

Julie J. said...

Awesome! You are going to love that! Did Harold get a new calling too? Did you get released from the missionary squad?

Collette said...

I hope you're celebrating the fabulous job you did on your biology presentation. Congrats on the new calling. You'll do great. Sometimes I fill in for our piano player and I only play one hand, it's great! I do like the opportunity it gives me to play though.