Saturday, March 29, 2008

Cal: Day Four

Today was the day we were going to toodle around Carmel and Monterey. We headed straight for a yarn shop that K wanted to go to. The boys were fairly willing participants, without too much grumbling. The lady in the shop approached me to see if I needed help and I pointed her over to K, telling her that K was the one she needed to impress. K bought a few skeins and a couple of magazines that are apparently out of print and she can resale on Ebay for a profit. Nice.

We then headed to town where we wandered around Sur La Table. I love kitchen stores. After that H and T took off towards the airplane shop and the toy shop. While they did this K and I looked around Anthropologie. I can't remember if they spell it that way, or the correct way, Anthropology. The clothes there were GORGEOUS. So beautiful, well made, and way, way over my normal clothing budget. We spent a good deal of time there. We met up with the boys along the main drag, Ocean Street, and hit up a few stores. Then we headed to Monterey. We did the same thing there, hit up a few stores, went to the water and looked around. It was fun. I found a cool silver ring with a butterfly on it for my mother, to thank her for watching the kids. She likes butterflies and the wings on this little guy kind of move, not exactly as gracefully as a real butterfly, but the thought was nice. :)

After Monterey we went to Rite Aid to pick up a Rx for K. She had been struggling with some kind of head cold/sinus infection thing the whole week. We then headed back to the house and made dinner. Okay, wait a minute. I just realized that we watched Enchanted on this night, not the previous night. Geez, one week later and I am already getting the details mixed up.

Despite my memory deficiencies, on this night I know that we went to the 7th hole with a loaf of sourdough bread and some brie cheese and ate our appetizer while looking out over the ocean. It was a bit cold so it wasn't exactly a majorly romantic event. Oh well. We checked out some of the other houses along the golf course, one of which had an electric fence surrounding it. You could literally hear the crackling of the electrical current as we were walking by. Nothing says you are unwelcome like an electric shock, better than a No Trespassing sign actually.

3 comments:

Cote Corner said...

i wish we could have gone to cali. it sounds like you guys had a ton of fun! We haven't been back to Carmel since our honeymoon!

Jules said...

Sounds like a great time. Just an FYI, the next time I go to Pebble it will be with a bunch of my family members. I am excited, but we are taking kids. I am jealous that you got to go alone with no kids. Adam and I are coming up on our ten year and we thought about going for that, but he will be gone and there are no times left for summer in Pebble. My whole family is going together soimewhat because some of us couldn't get another time to go it is so full.

Holley said...

I'm glad that you had such a great time! Dane and I had a similar outing with lots of fun shopping and way too much food.