Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Denial

I was just talking to cousin Julie when I realized that I haven't posted about my weight loss efforts in about a week. Then I realized that it was because I wanted to be in denial about the fact that this week has been horrible and I just didn't want to talk about it publicly.

But, in an effort to get myself back on track, here goes. This week I haven't counted points, haven't stuck to Core and haven't cared enough to do anything about it. Last night I told Harold that I officially letting myself off the hook. I am sick of feeling guilty about eating poorly and so I was going to just relax, try to maintain, go to meetings and weigh in, try to eat decent but not fret, for at least a couple of weeks until I was ready to put my heart and soul into it again. But, my story has changed today. I want to put my heart and soul into it. I need to count. I need to stick to Core. I need to weigh in despite the fact that this is the first time I have tried to come up with an excuse not to go. Things must be pretty bad if I am trying to get out of weigh in, as I have never had to battle myself so much to go to Weight Watchers before.

I started WW near the end of January of this year, so I should be much further along in my weight loss. I have lost between 26 and 28 pounds depending on the week and I have about 100 pounds to go.

Ok, here is what I am going to do. I AM going to let myself off the hook as far as realizing that even though the pounds haven't come off I have learned a few things about myself and the reasons I eat and overeat. I have made progress, even if it doesn't show on the scale.

Today is Mom's birthday so we are going to lunch. My vow is to eat either a salad that is 100% core. Now, I have no idea where we will be going so I cannot control if we go to a place that offers salad. If there is no salad available I will eat core only foods off my plate. One meal, on track, that is my goal. I will update you later.

No comments: