Thursday, August 9, 2007

Harold's gallbladder

I know the title is intriguing, but let's talk about me first, shall we? I went to my weigh in last night and lost 2.8, which is basically what I gained from the past two weeks. So, I am feeling super good about my choice to switch to the Core plan at WW.

Okay, to Harold. At 12:15 last night H wakes me up and tells me we may have to go to the ER because he is in severe abdominal pain. I was out of it, I'll admit. I tried to go back to sleep but I knew in the back of my mind that H doesn't wake me up every night of the week so I better get a grip and get up and see what is going on. I did that around 12:25 or so. (So, my timing wasn't super bad, was it?)

We drove to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center and arrived at 12:48 behind a swarm of people with bumped heads, crying children, and what I think was a mental patient hitting on a poor unsuspecting immigrant lady. I seriously watched him flirt with her and she liked it and he got her phone number. YIKES!

Anyway, it took forever to be seen because of the "unusual Wednesday night" they were having. We were in a room, separated only by a curtain, with a man with schizophrenia who reportedly had a fight and got a stab wound. When the doc talked to him the doc wasn't at all sure that this kid was in a fight, but that he probably cut himself. Apparently they kid wasn't on his schiz meds either. Sad, but I was a little scared to be honest.

Harold had lab tests and an ultrasound and he has sludge in his gallbladder. He got a Rx to get a HIDA scan which is the definitive test to see if he truly has GB disease. He will have that next Tuesday.

We got home at 6:00 a.m. and were so tired. Mack had to go with us because Sav was at a sleepover and so the three of us were bushed. I am awake now because the call of work and other duties is louder than the call of sleep right now. Harold is still asleep but told his boss he will be in later.

Adventures in the ER. Good times.

1 comment:

Julie J. said...

How Sad! I hope you all have caught up on your sleep. Tell Harold hi for me. I hope he's feeling better. And great job on your 2.8!