Thursday, August 30, 2007

Pitiful

Well, I didn't end up making it to BYU. I had gone to Spanish Fork to do a pre-employment drug test for my BILs company (I collect urine from other people for drug testing) and headed up to Provo to meet my mother who was going to go with me. We stopped at Carl's Jr so she and my grandmother could eat lunch. I had a Sprite and I had to force down the first few sips because I was feeling so poorly. I decided it wasn't a good idea to go traipsing around campus feeling so badly. So I went home. I slept, then I had to go to Mack's soccer game. I was praying I didn't have to go but it was his first game this season so I forced myself. While there I ran into a lady from our ward who is really into herbs. She gave me a couple of herbal remedies to "purge" the parasite. Okay people, I am 100% a medical doctor kinda girl. I do believe herbs have their place but I haven't found them yet. But I was so stinking desperate, I went and bought one of the products she told me about and I had Harold pick up the other product at her house that she was willing to give me. I am sitting here right now with Red Raspberry Leaf herbal tea while my stomach is cramping up and hoping it will work because this is one of the nastiest illnesses I have ever had.

In the meantime, we are supposed to go to Boise tomorrow, but there is no way I am going to make it at this point, which disappoints me. I was looking forward to this trip and seeing the cousins. My kids are excited, Harold was excited. I feel like a party pooper, but lets face it, 6 hours in the car isn't going to work out. Plus, I really don't want to expose them to this bug because it is HIGHLY contagious. I just feel lousy.

I didn't go to WW last night becuase of the game and because right before I would have gone I stepped on the scale and it registered 2 pounds up from last week. What the heck? How is it I stop eating and I gain weight? Then this morning I got on the scale again and it is down about 3 pounds from last week. Something very weird is going on.....If I feel better I might just take a drive to Provo to weigh in, especially if the weight stays low, I might even (finally) get my 10%, which is an award that WW gives when you lose the first 10% of your body weight. I have been struggling to get that for MONTHS. I'll let you know if I make the trek into Provo to do that.

Also, work has been suffering as I cannot sit here and type with cramps and a fever. I cannot get behind because next week school starts and I won't have the time to make up my hours.

Say a prayer for poor pitiful Jeanna today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that's a weekend. Your description of the events is so much better than Harold's. His report of the weekend consisted of about 3 sentences!!! But I still enjoy getting his e-mails. Have fun at school tomorrow!!!! Go cougars!