Monday, August 13, 2007

I did really great until.......

.......fill in the blank. That is how every weekend goes for me for the last 2-3 months. I am great Monday through Thursday on WW, but Friday through Sunday stink. My working theory is that since I haven't been below this weight since I delivered Savannah almost 12 years ago, my body is fighting to keep the weight on and even though I know I am sabotoging myself, I still overeat on the weekends.

So, today through Wednesday I will be super, super good so that I can at least maintain my weight. I am hoping that starting school will give me the added boost I need to overcome this horrible plateau. I am thinking that school will keep me so busy I will stop thinking about food as often. Cross your fingers for me, or say a prayer.

Grandma Bradshaw fractured her wrist on Saturday. I haven't seen her yet but Mom and Dad were there with her at the hospital and got her back to Jamestown after her arm was casted. I will see her this week for sure. It is Grandma's 87th birthday on Thursday, poor thing has to go and break her wrist right before the big day, and about 11 months after she fractured her pelvis.

Harold's HIDA scan is tomorrow. Some kind of radioactive material gets shot into him. The radioactive material is taken up by the liver and excreted into the biliary tract. Ick. A nuclear scanner takes pictures to see how the gallbladder fills and empties. Now that sounds like a good time. We will update you on the scan as soon as we get the results.

And, a side note on Harold......He is cute. FYI.

No comments: